Pedal yourself or put the pedal to the metal?
We understand that at times, it is absolute necessary to go by automobile. This blog post is referring to those who have a choice, especially in urban landscapes.
Why should you choose hopping on your bicycle instead of any other mode of transportation? Here are 5 reasons for you to contemplate…
1. The World, that’s why: This globe is becoming highly populated with not only people, but also Carbon dioxide emissions as well. In case you haven’t noticed, this planet is beautiful. Although riding one bicycle instead of a car has a very minute impact on the planet, one at a time can turn into 100, 1,000 and even 1 million people choosing bike over car. The world will thank us which is always worth it right?
2. Brings out your inner child: How do you feel when riding a bicycle? For many of the people we’ve asked, they agree that they feel like a little kid again with that gitty feeling in the tummy. The liberating feeling when on a bicycle is second to none and a feeling that many don’t get to experience when behind the wheel.
3. Better for Mental and Physical Health: Have you ever been stuck in traffic when you’re in a hurry to be somewhere. Gas, break, gas, break. Your emotions and stress reach a new level. Stress is never good mentally or physically. It’s highly difficult to feel this level of stress when pedaling the bicycle. Also, in a ‘made up study by Biking BA’ results showed that more calories were burned by those who biked 10 blocks rather than were transported in 10 blocks in automobile. Cardio workouts are always good for bloodflow, which is good for both mental and physical health. Don’t believe us? Try for yourself, drive to work everyday for a month then the next month ride your bike to work and see how you feel after each month. We’re patiently awaiting your results…
4. More Affordable: Your wallet will thank you for biking more than going by bus, taxi or driving. Why not allocate more of your costs to your loved ones or take yourself out to a nice dinner with all that money saved by biking? Pedal your way to financial freedom.
5. Inspire others to bike with you: Ever been a part of a movement? Start your own biking movement wherever you are, people will join you. Even that person who’s cursing at you from behind the wheel will soon join you because of their doctor’s recommendation. Well, maybe that’s a stretch but you get the point. In today’s ‘health-crazed, green movement society’ you’ll be hard pressed to find people who refuse to bike with you. It all starts with you though, inspire yourself to get on the bike and they will join.
Keep on pedaling people!